By gbolade on Wednesday, May 30th, 2018 in General. 2 Comments
Many users have wondered if it is possible to embed Facebook videos on WordPress. Yes, it is quite possible and this article will highlight a step-by-step process on how to achieve it. Facebook has introduced auto-play and live video features, of which marketers and stakeholders have been waxing lyrical about.
Facebook is the biggest social media platform in the world, and for your website to gain more traction, I would suggest having the knowledge of embedding videos on it. Research shows that people are more drawn to media rather than text, so you can tap into this.
These features help to increase user engagement and overall reach. Embedding Facebook videos on WordPress has become easier with the ever-increasing popularity of Facebook Live and Facebook videos. I would recommend that you should never upload videos to WordPress, but use a video sharing site such as YouTube to do it.
Having said that, let’s take a look at how to embed Facebook videos on a WordPress site. Let’s dive in.
Embedding Facebook Videos in WordPress
- The first thing you need to do is to locate the video you want to embed on your WordPress site.
- After doing this, you need to right click on the video or date, and then copy link address.
- Copy the Facebook video URL.
- Visit the Facebook embedded video player website. Scroll down to the code generator section.
- Paste the URL you copied earlier in the ‘URL of video’ field.
- Next, you need to click on the get code button which will bring up a popup showing you two boxes of code.
The first part of the code will have to go in your website’s header section. For this, you have a couple of ways you can achieve this. If you are a very good programmer, good. You can add it to your theme or a child theme by editing the header.php file and then pasting it right after the <body> tag.
If you feel coding is a bore, you can install and activate the Insert Headers and Footers plugin from the WordPress plugin repository.
After activating the plugin, go to Settings on the WordPress Dashboard, then click on Insert Headers and Footers. Paste the code into the footer box. After this, click on the save button to update your changes.
It is very important to note that you only need to add the first part of the code just once. The next time you add a Facebook video, you only need to copy and paste the second part of the code.
Return to the Facebook video embedder page and copy the second part of the code. Your WordPress posts, pages, and sidebars can be used to add this code. However, when adding the code, you need to make sure that you switch to the text editor, otherwise, the visual editor will affect the code.
Visit the website to see the Facebook video in action.
How to Embed Facebook Live Video in WordPress
Facebook Live is the new cool. Connect to a lot of people by going live, and the good thing is that you can do this without breaking the bank. Embedding a Facebook Live video is not difficult. It is the same process as embedding the regular Facebook video, only that the method of getting the URL of the Facebook Live Video is different.
You can’t get a URL for a live video before going live. Pretty straightforward, no complications.
- Once you are live, right click on the date and select copy link address to get the live video URL.
- Go to the Facebook embedded video player website and paste the link into the ‘URL of video’ field.
- The code generator will fetch and display a preview of your Facebook live video. Click on the Get code button to continue and follow the instructions described above to add these codes to your website.
- Once you have added the Facebook live video code to your site, your users will be able to view the Facebook live video directly from your website as well as their Facebook feeds.
If you liked this article on how to embed Facebook videos, please follow us on all our social media platforms @mactavisdigital. There, you get to find out what we are up to, get updates on latest trends in the web development ecosystem and also reach out to us as for business, inquiries, and anything as such you feel we can be of help with.